Crafton Hills College

Crafton Hills College
Original Library Building

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The joys and frustrations of programming

First of all, the picture at the left, is the NEW library building that is replacing the beauty at the top.  Maybe someday, when all the plantings grow up it will look like something besides a block and glass box.  One can only hope.

After several hours of frustration as I tried to find an error, or 2 or 3 or 20,  in my programming textbook work, I gave up and had some fun.  Our final project, in lieu of a test, is to create a website for a fictitious business that has at least 3 divisions and each division has to have at least 3 pages attached to it.  Sounds intimidating, huh?  Right now it isn't but who knows about a week or so from now.  My fun/play was to design the banners that go at the head of each site using Photoshop.  I really enjoy using that program and so got the banners finished fairly easily.  The fictional business is DMC Specialties and the division are businesses that our family could actually have.  I showed the banners to my instructor today to be sure what I was planning was within the guidelines.  He approved my plan, so I can proceed with the hours of programming each site.  Hopefully, these will actually get put on the web.  This is the fourth class I've had this instructor for and he is very good and very direct with what he thinks of programs and the textbooks we use.  Too bad he is busy running his own business besides teaching.  He could write some outstanding textbooks for these programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment